Questions to Ask Before Selecting Your Solar Installer
Obvious Questions to Ask a Solar Installer:
- How long have you been in business?
- Are you fully licensed, bonded, and insured solar installer?
- What type of system do you recommend for me and why?
- Do you warranty your work?
- Can you provide client references or testimonials? Read some testimonial examples.
Not-so-Obvious Questions to Ask a Solar Installer:
- How much experience do you have with this kind of installation?
- How are your designs done? If you use an outside designer, why?
- How much experience does your designer have with this type of system?
- Which products are you recommending for my system and why?
- How much experience do you have working with my utility?
What sets you apart from other solar contractors?
- What question(s) have I not asked that I should ask?
The best solar installers offer:
- Workmanship warranties
- Selective use of subcontractors & close oversight
- Experienced design teams with real-world experience implementing their designs with clients
- A history of satisfied clients – they can provide testimonials, references, and examples of their work
- Equipment recommendations based on industry experience
- A variety of solutions (that they have experience with) or customizable options
For over 20 years Fire Mountain Solar has been committed to helping clients find the right power system solution to meet their goals. We understand that solar is an investment, and that there are many qualified contractors for you to choose from. We would be honored to have the opportunity to discuss your full service or DIY solar project with you and to work hard to earn your trust and your business.
Since 2001, we’ve helped thousands of residential and commercial clients, including: