How to Reboot an OutBack Mate3S
One of the most common technical support calls we get for OutBack equipment is from clients whose OutBack Mate3S Display and System Controller freezes up. This is a known issue, similar to what happens to other electronic equipment on occasion. Unfortunately OutBack Power has yet to identify the cause of this freezing issue.
But the good news is that it is a simple fix: just reboot your Mate3S.
NOTE: The following steps will also reconnect your OutBack Mate3S to the OutBack OpticRE online monitoring platform in the event the Mate randomly disconnects from the portal.
- The simplest method is to disconnect the Mate3S from the associated Hub 4 or Hub10.3 Communication Manager. Our image shows a Hub10.3. If you have a Hub4 yours will have fewer ports, but the general instructions are still the same. If you do not have a Hub then you will need to follow the alternate instructions listed in #2.
- Alternatively, you can disconnect the HUB10.3 Cat5 cable from the back of the affected Mate3S controller.
- The Mate will power off.
- Wait 15-30 seconds then plug the cable back in.
- The Mate will reboot when reconnected.
- Confirm the Mate is now working correctly.