Updating the Firmware for OutBack FM100 Charge ControllersFire Mountain Solar
- Insert an SD card with the latest Radian firmware version into the SD reader on the right side of the inverter MATE3S.
- On the front of the Mate press LOCK and enter your user password which will always be 141.
- Select “Firmware Updates” under the first menu.
- Next select “CHARGE CONTROLLER.” It will indicate that a new firmware version is available.
- Select UPDATE and follow the prompts.
- It will take a few minutes to update each charge controller.
- The system will resume normal operation once the updates are complete.
Do not disconnect battery power from the charge controllers or disconnect the Cat5 cable from the MATE3S during the any updates. If you do it may irreversibly corrupt the files while they are writing and irreparably damage one or more of the devices.