We’re Hiring – Solar InstallerFire Mountain Solar
Fire Mountain Solar LLC (FMS) is looking for an industrious, conscientious, and competent individual who is committed to collaborative teamwork and unparalleled customer service to join our dedicated team.
Our Ideal Candidate
- You are seen as competent, capable, hard-working. You enjoy being part of a team that is committed to quality craftsmanship and excellence in customer service. You enjoy working with your hands, being outside year around, and helping others;
- You’re proactive and self-reliant. You are outstanding at following directions but also can think on your own, figure things out, and fill in the blanks when they’re missing. You don’t need super-specific details for every single little thing or need a lot of hand-holding or micromanaging;
- You’re emotionally mature. You don’t get frazzled, defensive, easily overwhelmed, or take it personally when faced with adversity, deadlines, or conflict, and can maintain a cool head and help others when they’re experiencing them;
- You’re an action taker and a strong finisher. You’re a self-starter and great at following-up and following-through to the very end of a project or task without needing someone to check in, micromanage, or look over your shoulder;
- You’re conscientious and detail-oriented. You take great pride in your work and want things done right;
- You appreciate the details and process and you don’t cut corners to sacrifice quality;
- You’re a “can do” problem solver and love helping others;
- You like working collaboratively as part of a tight-knit, fun and very busy team. This isn’t just about helping customers – it’s about making a difference and taking care of others. That may sound corny or an exaggeration but it’s 100% true. We want someone who deeply agrees with our values and recognizes the importance of their role in what we do as a company;
- Have super-high integrity and a track-record of being honest, dedicated, and loyal;
- Pay close attention to small details;
- Be flexible, able to adapt, and learn new things quickly. We are constantly evolving, improving, and finding better ways to do things. We need someone who can keep up and embrace change (or even help initiate change)
- Be responsive, reliable, and trustworthy.
- Present a professional, positive and helpful attitude at all times when interacting with customers and co-workers.
- You will be a guest at our customer’s home and are expected to act accordingly.
- Follows all OSHA and company safety requirements without question.
- Follows all company operations standards and processes.
- HS diploma, GED or equivalent
- Fluency in English required; fluency in Spanish a big plus
- Must be eligible to apply for an electrical trainee certificate.
- Minimum 1-year construction, electrical or solar industry experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Must have a valid state driver’s license
- Must have a clean driving record (example- no DUI in the last 5 years)
- Attic work in homes and businesses.
- Working on residential and commercial roof tops as well as installing ground mounted systems.
- Load and unload tools, equipment and materials at various locations including FMS office and job sites.
- Clean and organize warehouse, office grounds and work vehicles.
- Pull inventory for specific projects.
- Set up and take down ladders, scaffolding and other temporary structures.
- Examine designs to determine current requirements for all parts of the photovoltaic (PV) array.
- Identify methods for laying out, orienting, and mounting modules or arrays to ensure efficient installation.
- Identify and resolve any deficiencies in photovoltaic (PV) system installation or materials.
- Identify installation locations with proper orientation, area, solar access, or structural integrity for photovoltaic (PV) arrays.
- Diagram layouts and locations for photovoltaic (PV) arrays and equipment, including existing building or site features.
- Install photovoltaic solar modules on roof, ground or pole mount structures in accordance with codes and standards, using drawings, schematics, and instructions. May include any of the following tasks; drilling, sealing, lifting, cutting, splicing, bolting, removal, replacement and painting of metal or wood racks for either ground mounts or roof mounts.
- Assist with proper sealing of all roof penetrations.
- Identify environmental, and safety hazards associated with photovoltaic (PV) installations.
- Keeps work areas in clean and safe condition.
- Complete job-related paperwork and submit in an orderly timely manner to appropriate individual.
- Carry out tasks related to solar site surveys.
- Participate in mandatory training sessions on new products, installation methodology and safety
- Additional duties as assigned
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
- Must be willing and able to climb ladders, stairs, work on rooftops and able to work on feet for long periods of time
- Ability to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold, crawl spaces, etc.)
- Will frequently be required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and occasionally sit, reach with hands and arms and climb or balance.
- Use hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
Wages and Benefits
We offer competitive wages and benefits. Position starts at a minimum of $19 per hour, with higher compensation available based on experience and awesomeness. Paid time off, health insurance stipend, and paid holidays. Retirement benefits available for qualifying team members. Significant training and advancement opportunity.
Here’s How to Apply
Write us a cover letter addressing all the following:
- Why you think you’re the person for this position. If you don’t have all of the relevant experience or skills, then tell us what makes you think you’d be great at this?
- What would this position have to pay to make it worth your while? Why?
- Describe your current or most recent position – what did you do and what did you like and not like?
- What do you do for fun?
Send both the cover letter and your resume to JoinOurTeam(at)fmsolar.com. No phone calls or walk ins please.